It’s almost 2 years since we completed our 18 month Anamoose Horizons Leadership program. We are still continuing on with projects, but on a smaller scale.
Our Horizons committee met Monday evening to update our activities. Following are just some of the many things we discussed:
- Mardi Helm gives out Welcome packages to all new Anamoose residents. To encourage them to shop locally the packages include a $30 gift certificate from the Civic Club that can be used in any business in Anamoose. Heringer Lumber gives discount coupons & the Anamoose Senior Center gives 2 free meal tickets.
- Main St. buildings were discussed, as several are in need of repair.
- Keeping residents informed is done with our monthly newsletter, the marque on Main St., the Anamoose web site-www.anamoose.com, & this blog. Letting other people know about Anamoose is done with brochures in rest areas on I 94.
- This fall we will again decorate the posts on Main St.
- Dead trees will be cut down by the Anamoose Fire Dept.
- Discussion was held on our area birding trails & how to promote them. We will get a group together to go on one of the trails.
Pictured are members of the Horizons Steering committee standing in front of one of the 4 Main St. flower pots paid for by the city. Janice Buchholz & I keep them watered. (Dennis Zimmerman, Janice Buchholz, Bill Goodwin, Shirley Nitz, Joe Weninger, Mardi Helm, Bonnie Dockter. Missing are Phyllis Zimmerman, Kaya Engen & myself (photographer).