The McHenry County Historical Society Museum Board of Directors met in Anamoose Tuesday, August 9th. The group is holding its meetings around the county to introduce themselves to all McHenry County citizens. There were new faces in attendance to learn what the group is up to these days, and also to contribute new ideas to help move the efforts of the group forward. The mission of this group is: Discover, collect, and preserve historical data and items that reflect or benefit McHenry County.
The agenda included discussions regarding:
• Packing and moving the artifacts currently housed in the Zion Lutheran Church in Towner, to a safer environment to preserve the fragile condition of these pieces. Volunteers?
• McHenry Historical Society Museum will be represented at the Drake Threshing Show, 9/10/2016. Vintage baked goods, brochures and membership info will be on hand for the public.
• Anamoose Fall Festival will also offer information on the Historical Museum in Towner for the public.
• October 11th Annual meeting of the Board in Towner
• Organization newsletter
• Next meeting will be in Granville at the historic bank.
Thank all who participated in this meeting from near and far. The public is welcome to all board meetings!