Wednesday I rode with my neighbor, Jeanie Storsteen, from Bismarck to Anamoose to get some plants at Schmaltz Greenhouse. We know there are a lot of places to get plants in Bismarck but there is no comparision between their plants and Mike’s.
I wanted to know what is new but as usual it was hard to get any information out of Mike. But I got Kailey Lemer, who has worked there for many years. Kailey is taking online college courses through Dickenson, so has been able to work since March.
They have a new line of geraniums. Americana series has bigger foliage and buds. Moxie! has smaller foliage and buds so will work in smaller pots.
Pictured is Bubble Gum petunias in the front pot, and the new Paradise in the back pot.
Kailey Lemer stands next to the new Paradise petunias.
The Greenhouse will be open through June on a regular basis. After July 1 you can call for an appointment.
Friday, February 15 the Anamoose Senior Center held a cake walk. 15 cakes were given away! After the cake walk the Seniors had a good time visiting and snacking.
The Anamoose Senior Center will host the Region ll annual meeting on Wednesday, April 24th. President Shirley Schnellback said they are looking for entertainment and a speaker. Any Suggestions?
The Anamoose Fire Dept. held a chili feed Saturday evening, February 16, 2019 to announce the winners of their $30/ticket raffle. They also had smaller prizes that were raffled off that evening. The proceeds will be used for new grass fire equipment.
The following were winners:
- Ice Castle-Donna Wolf-Fargo
- Honda Pioneer-Kathy Vetsch-Anamoose
- Gun Safe-Allen Zuther-Martin
- Traeger Grill-Frank Sieg-Anamoose
- Gun Choice-Derrick Martin-Lincoln
- 55″ TV-Taylor Harmel-Rugby
- FLX 28 Vexilar-Glen Mayer-Anamoose
- Dewalt Tool SEt-Logan Haberstroh-Mott
- Ion Auger-Brad Fletschock-Anamoose
- Otter Hub Ice House-Jason Peterson-Epping
- $200 Cash-Jason Schultz-Towner
- $200 Cash- Nathan Martin-Anamoose
- $200 Cash- Stan Anderson-Granville
- $200 Cash-Nathan Martin-Anamoose
- $200 Cash- Greg Vallard-Minot
- $100 Cash-Darin Aaseth-Velva
- $100 Cash- Tammy Doubek-Anamoose
- $100Cash-Tyler Johnson-Bismarck
- $100 Cash-James Paulus-Denhoff
- $100 Cash-Randy McMahon-Seltz
- $100 Cash-Justin Heil-Harvey
- $$100 Cash-Dave Reisenauer-Cole Harbor
- $100-Jeremy Feist-Harvey
- $100-Denise Thompson-Lisbon
- $100-Rick Trudel-Glyndon, MN
Norma Martin, president AACF, receiving check from Dave Voeller, Ottertail Power Co.
- Ottertail Power Co.
- Terpening Construction, Maddock
- Nelson Funeral Home, Fessenden-Drake
- HAVIT Services, Harvey
- NDTC, Devils Lake
- Doc’s Lodge, Anamoose
- First State Bank of Harvey, Anamoose,-Harvey
- United Community Bank, Drake
- Warehouse Grocery, Harvey
- Hertz Funeral Home, Harvey
- Sheridan County Animal Hospital, Harvey
The Anamoose Area Community Foundation would like to thank the above mentioned businesses for not only serving the needs of our community, but also for donating to the AACF endowment fund. Many thanks also to the individual donors that contributed to the fund.
These donations help make it possible for us to grant funds for our area Fire Dept., The Anamoose Park for equipment, the Tri-County Meal program for seniors, our Early Explorers HeadStart Raiders Daycare programs, local Anamoose 8-plex apartment building and grounds, as well as general city beautification with the restoration of old buildings and city sidewalks.
2018 marked our anniversary and in the past 10 years we have awarded more than $58,000 in grants.
On the last day of 2018, I welcomed Paul, Brittany and Willow Bromley to Anamoose. They purchased the Buchholz home and have made allot of changes to make it their own. It is really homey and cutely decorated. … Continue reading
On 10-13-18 Barb and I also welcomed Debbie & Luke Thomas. Debbie is a teacher and Luke is a welder and have come to us from Garland ,TX. Luke actually grew up in Rangeley, ND. They live in Texas during … Continue reading
I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get the people visited and noted on the Blog. I lost my helpers and have had some surgeries that have slowed me and the process down. I also no longer take … Continue reading